Take control of your calendar
Too busy? Time is flying by? Where did the day go? Do you feel like time controls you and you have no idea what is going on each day?
Stop seeing time as an outside enemy something you have no control over. It is time to take control of your time and use it to your advantage
Time can be looked at in the same way as a financial budget. Each week you get a certain amount of a resource—money in a financial budget, and hours in a time budget. Work out your essential time items like work, school, commuting, sleeping, and kids.
Then take a critical look at how you spend the rest of your hours each week. Where your time is going?
- Are you spending enough time sleeping? Or too much?
- Are you spending too much time watching TV or on social media?
- Are you spending enough time with your family?
- Are you working too many hours?
- Do you spend too much time reading and responding to email?
- Can you work smarter and more efficiently in your work and at home?
- Have you scheduled in time to do things just because they are fun, because you enjoy them, because they challenge you, or simply because they make you happy?
Take a critical look at your time budget. Where can you make some changes? What can you cut back? How can you share the workload more to free up some time?
Try a Time-Budget Analysis
Download my Time-Budget Analysis form. Fill in your activities over a week and then add up the hours you spend working, travelling, cleaning, exercising, with family, hobbies, socialising etc. Then consider this against your ideal ratios. What can you change?
For more tips and ideas check out my latest book ‘I would love to, but..’ This book examines 10 common excuses including I’m too busy, that prevent us from doing the things we want to do. Check it out on my website.